tools – documentation – mappings – changes
apart from our help-desk, many online tools are available:
EDU-DEX is known for its rapid response to questions and issues. You may use a variety of information and resources based on years of experience and the proper documentation of all previously asked questions.
You may ask additional questions through the feedback form within the Manual.
In addition, check whether you have filled in all fields required by our large customers .
In addition to the support tools above, there are also many documents to download.
Yet to be translated in English.
Org Unit ID
Most programs are open for registrations for all. However, some courses are tailor-made for specific customers or offer discounts for specific customers. To refer to these customers you need a so-called orgUnitId.
Real time up-to-date list with all orgUnitIds op http://feeds.edudex.nl/organizatie-ids
Some of our Network Partners have published separate documentation on how they import EDU-DEX data:
Bloomville is NOT affiliated with EDU-DEX
Because some educators were unhappy with the need to export data for Bloomville separately, they have built an online translator that has been converting EDU-DEX-data to succesfully provide it to Bloomville since 2018. More information and a contact address can be found on the Translator-site.
Request for change
EDU-DEX has been a stable data standard since 2014. Changes to the data standard require action on the part of hundreds of training suppliers and their customers. This involves testing, migrating, etc. We therefore minimize the number of changes to the standard.
In establishing this open standard, three principles have been paramount:
- The standard is generic
does not contain fields specific to one sector or company.
- As few fields as possible have been made mandatory
so that training providers are not asked for information they do not have or that is not relevant for all customers.
- The standard will be changed a maximum of twice a year
so far we have hardly used this option.
Roadmap request for change
1. within two working days of receipt you will reive a first response
2. errors and bugs will be resolved within a week
3. a structural response within two weeks that can lead to three conclusions:
– the RFC is rejected with clear arguments
– when adjustments have no mandatory impact involving other parties
, they will be realized within a maximum of 2 months
4. All other adjustments are subject to
– a formal decision by the Foundation Board,
– the maximum of two adjustments per calendar year, and
– a minimum notice period of six months.
5. We will clearly communicate planned changes early in the process in two ways:
– release dates announced far in advance through the Updates newsletter.
– advance notice of requested changes and proposed solutions
The latest changes to the standard are stated on the first pages of the PDF with technical documentation and in the appropriate XSD files. Questions or detailed requests can be sent to the EDU-DEX secretariat .